Black Art Futures Fund (BAFF) is a collective of emerging philanthropists promoting the elevation and preservation of Black arts & culture. Through grant making, board-matching, and organization-to-donor cultivation, we seek to amplify and strengthen the future of Black art. We provide grants to small and mid-sized ($1.5M or less) nonprofits working to enhance the future of Black arts & culture. DéLana R.A. Dameron founded Black Arts Futures as a philanthropic initiative of Red Olive Creative Consulting in 2017.
BAFF operates as a donor advised fund with the Brooklyn Community Foundation.
Black Art Futures Fund aims to:
- Grow emerging philanthropists by providing a structured community to understand the importance of generous contributions to community-centered artists and arts & culture organizations
- Provide impactful general operating grants to those organizations in an effort to stabilize, validate, introduce to future philanthropists, and support the future of their work.
For organizations who receive a grant, a small portion of the grant amount will be used to support the future financial growth and stabilization of the organization through a specialized consultancy with Red Olive Creative Consulting. Additionally, grantees will have priority to be matched with interested Fund donors who express interest in “going deeper” by becoming a transformational Board Member(s).
SERVICES TO ARTS & CULTURE ORGANIZATIONS
- Financial support in the form of a grant ranging and contribution towards future fundraising support
- Application support when needed
- Access to and utilization of a boutique arts & culture consulting firm
- Access to future philanthropists — potential for board match
in the news